Friday, December 21, 2007

Misc.

I went to Skylight Books for the first time yesterday. Nice bookstore, with a good amount of journals and magazines. I picked up the new Conjunctions. The thing is beast, coming in at over 450 pages. About half of is dedicated to an aviary theme (birds are very in right now), the other half being a John Ashbery tribute. I've got through about 50 pages so far, mostly fiction, and am impressed with the work (although the long Anne Waldman poem is a struggle). I can't come close to imagining putting together an issue that large. We struggle with 70 pages.

Yesterday was also cause for minor celebration, I wrote the first draft of the last of the Dot-to-Dot, Oregon poems (John Day Fossil Beds). That makes 50 poems. Currently 31 are complete, 4 or so are really close, and the others are the others. 7 have been either been published or are pending (here are 2). I'm hoping to everything done by June. The most exciting part is knowing that I finally get to write about something other than Oregon.

3 comments:

Susan Denning said...

birds ARE in! what IS it with birds in poems these days? I keep thinking about publishing a caffeine destiny NO BIRDS issue, but then that seems kind of controlling so I haven't done it. yet.

Susan Denning said...

Hi,

I can't wait to read all of dot to dot, Oregon.

susan

Susan Denning said...

Hi,

I can't wait to read all of dot to dot, Oregon.

susan